From:
"S.Hewett" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2006 16:26:04 +0800
Sukie wrote:
>Thanks, too, to Shirley who pointed out to me that she is not a
>breeder, which I had thought she was. I hope that she DOES get in
>touch with Dr. Michelle Hawkins and offer the DNA for study if
>they are still collecting it."

Yes, Sukie! Dr Hawkins and I have been in touch and we're both hoping
that some Australian ferrets can be included. They have actually
stopped collecting, but still feel that it could be worth it to have
some Aussie samples. I'll let you know.

I don't class myself as a breeder, but I have bred ferrets and
sold them on a small scale over about 6 years, if that makes sense.
Anyway no more kits being born here because I'm 60 yo and becoming
increasingly disabled. I just wonder how much longer I can pick up
poo! :-)

Cheers,
Shirley