From:
Lynn Mcintosh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 1995 12:10:23 -0700
I've already written about this, but thought I'd try again, one more time.
Do Marshall Farm ferrets, purchased at a pet store, have their first
series of shots, does anyone know?  I have some MF ferrets, purchased
through classifieds, and am wondering if they ever had the first series.
Too late to find the original owners -- I didn't know to ask about a
series of shots when I got them.  I've since learned of the first series
needed and, although these ferrets have since had annual vacs., I'm
wondering if I should go ahead and give them the series at this late date.
The pet store one of them came from no longer carries ferrets, so I can't
ask them if they gave them the series.  (BTW, I do get the ferret FAQ).
Probably they're too young coming from a pet store to have the first
double series of shots, I'm guessing.

I just want to ensure they're protected, as they're my "kids".

Also, is it necessary to vaccinate for rabies, if my ferrets mainly stay at
home?

Thanks,

Lynn