From:
Karen Trask <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Oct 1996 10:21:13 -0400
I have a question I'm hoping someone with lots of experience can answer for
me.  Yesterday I was in a local pet store where three fuzzies were on
display for sale.  The cage was large, clean, and had lots of toys.  I did
notice that there was no food in the food dish.  I brought this to the
attention of the store manager and she told me that they were fed all they
want at night and in the morning but that they were fed "lightly" during the
day to keep that amount of "waste" down.

Is this OK?  I was under the impression that ferrets needed food available
at all times.  They appeared well fed and clean so I believe that they are
being well cared for.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Peace
Karen