From:
Ken Nyren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Dec 2006 09:40:49 -0500
I have burned out my share of blenders too. I don't think I ever had on
that lasted 4 mo. That is until I hit Ebay and bought a Vita-Mix 3600.
I have been using this for 3 years now and it was old when I bought it.
Yes I make chicken gravy in it. Yes I grind the chicken bones. It does
take a little practice because if you put too much in at once it leaves
some of the pieces kind of large. I bought a cheap hand meat grinder
at Harbor freight for $9 and use that now to pre grind the real heavy
bones like the thigh joints. In the vita-mix they tend to turn into
marbles but I just drop the wings and other light stuff right into the
vita-mix. I don't know about the new vita-mix machines they are way out
of our price range but the used ones on ebay can be had for much less
than $100, parts are readily available, and they really are mostly what
they were cracked up to be.

Ken Nyren

Ken Nyren, 20/12/2006