Date:
Wed, 10 Jul 2002 18:26:23 EDT
Concerning Illinois baby ferrets facing death:

Apparently someone on the FML or another ferret list is doing a long
drive during a week day to rescue the ferrets this Thursday that we have
been told are 8 weeks old from the H.S.  They were going to be killed
tomorrow otherwise, I understand.

Then there is going to be another hour or 2 drive to the shelter.  I
cannot begin to guess where they will go unless a bunch of ferrets were
adopted at GCFA in the last few days.

I just cleaned out space so that they could actually sell supplies that
they have, so that the shelter can make a little money.  I am afraid to
ask if the wall shelving I just cleaned and set supplies out on can still
be reached or seen.  It is probably buried behind cages again.

My thanks to all of you for trying to keep this shelter afloat.  Norm is
so calm.  I could so NOT run a shelter.  How do you keep your cool when
you have to be exhausted and buried in worry, watching these thrown out
half dead filthy gasping little ones with ribs sticking out coming in over
and over again?

All of you who run shelters are amazing to me.  It is a thankless struggle
and economic stress, and physically depleting to lift the hundreds of
pounds of litter, cleaning cages, emptying garbage filled with another
50 pounds of used litter.  The phone ringing almost constantly.  Always
having to be pleaseant to these meat heads?

No one in their right mind would ask me to answer that phone.  I begged
Norm not to answer it at all.  He calmly, softly. said "I cannot do
that."  That man makes me cry.

God Bless you guys.
Lisette