From:
John & Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 10:31:23 -0600
>that he was upset.  I wonder if he learned his lesson?  I always thought
>that ferts could not climb but my guys are climbers and jumpers and so
>darn strong which I think is from free roam and playing with the cats.

Ferrets most *definately* are climbers.  Some more than others.  Pandora
regularly scales the tall cage (5 feet), plays on top of it, then comes
back down.  Sterling sometimes does.  Pandora also will flatten herself
between the wall and my dresser (which is 4 1/2 feet tall) and will "push"
her way to the top - no matter how close to or far from the wall I put it!
Then when she's poked around on top of it, she will scoot her way down the
same way she got up there.  I wouldn't worry about it, but I would take
precautions to ensure there's nothing around up there to hurt them.

Shannon
Sterling, Pandora, & Jasmin