Date:
Fri, 10 Jun 2005 15:28:52 -0700
Danee, thank you so much for all the wonderful information you have
provided on ADV.  As an ADV idiot, I know, correction - KNEW, very
little about the disease.  Our home has been blessed to be ADV free.

I do know several people whose ferrets have contracted ADV and I know
all the fear that exists about the transfer of the disease from one to
another ferret.  I have been guilty of this irrational fear myself.  Just
as we have been so fearful of both cancer and HIV/AIDS in the human
realm, we have feared ADV in the ferret realm.  Knowledge really is the
key to defeating this problem.  Thank you for lighting a candle in the
darkness of my ignorance.

As someone who donated money to the UGA ADV account and had it
misdirected, I had my fears about what would happen to my donations.
I was able to straighten mine out, but your explanation as to where
the money goes and the how to donate makes me confident that future
donations will go to ADV research.

This year I will again participate in the 4the of July card exchange
and donate to the ADV fund.  I hope others who have benefitted from your
posts will join me.  Thanks again, Danee, for the hard work to research
and clearly explain this important topic.

renee :)

Ferret Aid 2006
June 23 - 25, 2006
Toronto, Ontario, Canada