From:
Judy Cooke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Aug 2005 20:54:03 -0700
When we left, Christianaferret was about to be traansformed into
something....

Passed to Ela Heyn.  Ela wrote:

...one of the huge Gypsy Vanner horses!  The princess had never even
seen a Gypsy Vanner before this adventure began, much less ridden one.
But thanks to her recent adventures with the Dook, she knew what she was
capable of in the form of a horse, and what she needed to do.  Quickly,
she backed across her room, and took a running charge towards her water
bottle.  With a huge grunt, she lowered her head and jumped at the
bottle, knocking it through the plate glass window of her room, and
landing in a free pasture outside the castle.

The princess now turned her horse hooves around and dashed back towards
the dungeon of the castle, where her Dook was being held prisoner by the
evil Hiss-Hiss.  Again she lowered her head, this time to charge the two
startled guards at the entrance of the dungeon.  They scattered in fear
at her approach, allowing her to charge through and into the main torture
room of the dungeon.

She arrived in the nick of time, as Hiss-Hiss's evil vet was just
lowering the ketamine mask over the struggling Dook's muzzle, in the
first step of what was supposed to be the Dook's neutering operation.
Still disguised as a horse, the princess charged the operating table,
tossed the ketamine mask aside, snorted at the veterinarian, and urged
the Dook to jump upon her back.

As he climbed into the saddle, he happily shouted, "You've come to save
me!  Are you Ben or Jerry?"

"Neither", the princess replied, "I am your bride to be!  Now hold on
tight!  We need to go to save my father!  If only I knew exactly where
he was, and how to help him ?"

"Don't worry," said the Dook, "I have a splendid idea!  Here is what we
will do ?"

Passed to Sukie Crandall.  Sukie wrote:

Splendid his idea may have been, but what the Dook did not realize was
that the charm could last for only 10 minutes.  They never made it back
to his castle.  Instead, with a flash their forms returned as they dashed
through a village on the outskirts of the Christianaferret's domain.

We'll have to take to forest to safely reach my friends now, said the
young Dook, but Christiana was exhausted beyond being capable of
movement.  Carefully, the villagers surrounded the newcomers.

Now, there is a secret to magic and it is this: every action has an
equal and opposite reaction.  Christianaferret had been hidden by a
mighty spell designed to disguise the truth, now with it broken truth
became mightily apparent.  Even as the villagers gasped, "Our Princess",
the flagging royal realized what she had missed all along: that all
ferrets have the same potential to be good, honorable, intelligent, and
to possess every other truly noble quality a ferret can have.  "My people
are my family" she whispered just loudly enough for only the little kit
next to her to make out every word.  But just as the realization came to
her darkness swam before her eyes, and.....

To be continued.