From:
Julia Goodwin-Todd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Nov 2001 20:01:45 +0000
You know, I was going to give a really long response to Ricks letter about
signing off and wishing ferrets were no longer legal...but I started
pitying the situation and now that I realize that many people that feel
the need for a wonderful animal to be illegal just because there are bad
ferret owners out there, don't realize that they are trying punishing all
the good ferret owners out there, and all the advocates that work so hard
to make them legal, and all the other shelters out there that havne't lost
hope or lost faith in all the good owners out there that thank God for
these ferrets being in their lives.  I decided this letter would be for
everyone not just Rick.

My ferrets have this unique ability that I must tell you about.  They can
uncurl their paws and snatch my stress and anger of the day and roll it
into this big ball, kick it around, scoot it under their belly across the
floor, pick it up and throw it out the window.  It's amazing.  In place,
they emit this gas...i think it's call "laughing gas" I can't stop being
happy and full of giggles around them.  But I shouldn't think of my
ferrets at home, I should suffer myself over all the unhappy ferrets every
minute of my life turn myself against them being pets.  While i'm at it,
I should suffer over all the poverty and hate in the world so that I will
no longer be happy ever again BUT NO.

Instead, I'm going to continue being happy that I live my life the best I
can, and give my pets the best that I can.  Now, Rick's message would be
even better if the right people read it...the people that are bad owners
that most likely wouldn't spend their time reading a list like this since
they probably could care less.  So all the good ferret owners on this
list, got a nice little sermon they didn't deserve.

For every ex advocate there is like Rick, there will be a new one in
his place.  Don't give up hope shelter owners, I applaud you for the
distress, suffering, finacial burden you go through for the love of other
people's unwanted ferrets.  The fact that you still have faith in the
cause of educating and legalizing ferrets so that we all can be better
ferret owners is saintly.  God Bless you!

Many cheers and prayers,
Julia

check out our new web site:
http://www.members.tripod.com/throughthetube/