From:
Julia Goodwin-Todd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Oct 2001 18:03:22 +0000
Dear FML,

I had no idea I'd feel like this.  Garcia is now gone and even though
he is with someone very loving towards him with many new brothers and
sisters, I feel empty.  The lady that picked him up seemed angry with
me...or maybe I was looking in a mirror of myself.  I am angry at myself
for giving him up, for not being strong enough to deal with him.  I love
him so much.  I feel like this terrible terrible ferret owner.  I love
my ferrets to death.  I want only the best for them.  I don't expect any
sympathy, but just want people to understand that I did only what I
thought was the best for he and us.  I will be in tears for while I
suppose.  I will remember the new mommy's expression towards me.  This
"how could you give him up although I'm glad I have him" look Well, if
it had been the other way around, I would have been judgmental too.  I
suppose she was nervous too about if and when I was goin to break down.
We made the meeting short, or at least I did because I was about to and
didn't want to put that on her.

Well, that concludes my time with Garcia.  Please pray for him to have a
good healthy time with his new home and for me and my husband to move on
knowing we did the right thing for him and us.

peace,
Julia