From:
"john.elledge" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Oct 2009 21:05:34 +0000
It's so sad to hear about the poor animals that perished in the fire,
especially from such a simple thing as a plug-in. I had a problem with
them that almost killed one of my kids. When we first moved into our
motor home a few years back we decided to install two plug-ins so that
the smaller place would stay fresh smelling. About three days after
plugging them in one of my kids got very sick . . . lethargic and
refusing to eat. A trip to the vet and a thorough examination including
x-rays and blood work showed nothing. We were told that we should take
our baby girl home and cherish the time that we had left with her. But
before we left our vet started questioning us as to whether anything
had changed in her environment lately. The only thing we could think
of was the plug-ins. As soon as we got home we threw those things out,
opened up the RV and since the weather was permissible we put the ferts
in their outside cage for several hours. We cut the fans on without
running the AC, opened all of the windows, vaccumed the carpets and
wiped everything down. Imagine our surprise when our girl started
perking up the next day!! After a day or two she was back to her usual
loving self! Needless to say those harmful things will NEVER be used
in our house again!!!