From:
Stephanie Rusk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 06:45:14 PST
Ok, so my ferrets are bound and determined to teach me a lesson about
ferret proofing...everyday.

Last night, I went into my bedroom, where they were running free, and I
didn't get the usual smell of ferrety musk...it was roses and peaches...I
heard noises in the bathroom and I found Pepe had opened the vanity door
and was inside feverishly trying to get things out of an old Rubbermaid
caddy.  Chimi was waiting next to the door.  I said "NO!" and Pepe turned
around with one of those bath oil balls in his mouth and Chimi ran under
the bed.  They were popping them and licking the oil!!!  Since Pepe doesn't
eat treats, I knew Chimi had put him up to it as I found several popped and
drained oil balls under the bed...Chimi smelled sweetly perfumed of roses
and peaches.  I "tasted" the oil and it had no flavor...mineral oil..but
they were having the time of their lives..most of the oil ended up on the
bathroom floor.

I watched them for about an hour to make sure they were fine...other than
rose burps they were ok...needless to say, I have to find child locks this
week.  I was in denial that they would ever open a cabinet.

I'm sure Chimi thinks he found the Ferretone of Kings and Queens...

Stephanie, Chimi & Pepe