From:
Rena Webber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 1997 01:02:48 -0800
Hi:

I'm Rena and I'm relatively new to the list, but my SO, Stan Copp has been
lurking for a few years (he had university internet access on his computer)
We are proudly owned by 7 ferrets.  It all started a few years ago with just
one, my brother-in-law a police officer (Constable Copp - can you believe
it?? :)) asked if he could bring home a "friend", I was expecting a police
dog and I got a ferret -love at first sight.  Sadly he is no longer with us.
Our current gang of 7 are:

Calvin -male,DEW, a rescue-found at 4 months starving, dehydrated and
convulsing.  Now he is approximately 4 - 5 years old, fat, happy, can almost
turn himself inside out for joy doing the Calvin dance, loved my anyone who
meets him but a terrible toe biter (but only when we wear socks, therefor no
one wears socks)

Kali -2+ year old female silver mitt born on Feb 14/95 arrived at a local
pet store when she was 5 1/2 wks old,and already fixed -from a breeder in
Manitoba.  Tiny, spoilt and my little baby.  She is single handedly
responsible for eating C14 bone samples from a very important archaeological
site my SO dug, luckily she left enought for dating.

TJ -aka big nose, 2 1/2 yr old sable, fixed male, reminds me of John Belusi
in Animal House -he has the same moves, Very loving but never did grow into
his nose.

Sindbad -fixed but not descented male Sable, a true mush, cuddler, lap
sleeper and an excellent thief (SCPA adoptee - we think he is 2).

Okisi and Tobie 2yr old fixed male Sables(supposedly brothers-one very big
and the other very lean but getting fatter).  Tobie(our lean one that I
posted on earlier)is an excellent jumper, climber and a reformed biter.
Okisi-, our largest ferret, is very, very mellow and master of the sneak
attack.

Gizmo - fixed male grey badger, very deaf, incredibly loving, adores Stan -
constantly tries to groom him - but a loner-will not accept other ferrets,
also missing part of one ear (rescued by bro-in-law)age unknown but
suspected to be 4 or 5+

Rena and Stan and our Gang of 7