From:
Ronnie DiComo and Possum Prints<,[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 May 1996 12:51:16 EST
After reading the recent post about the abused ferret and all the others
that get posted from time to time, I have several thoughts (beyond the
anger, prayers, gratefulness that someone could help, etc.).

First, I think anyone who has ever worked with any kind of shelter or animal
group will eventually see this type of cruelty.  (For those who don't
understand people's rage, or the very strict guidelines for adopting a
shelter animal--I strongly suggest volunteering at a shelter and
seeing/hearing some of the horror stories for yourself, and then see how you
feel.)

My question is for those who manage to survive without becoming bitter at
the entire human race--what keeps you going?  Where do you draw your
wellspring of hope, perseverance?  What beliefs keep you going?  (If this is
too un-ferret related, you can e-mail me, though I do think it's related to
most people who care about animals.) Thanks in advance.

Another book recommendation: "Love, Miracles and Animal Healing"
by Alan Schoen (even has a ferret or two in it); wonderful book.

--Ronnie
Cinderella, Ralphie & Harry's mom