From:
Judy Cooke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Aug 1999 00:41:03 -0400
I have tried for several days to get this message through and it has
repeatedly been returned to me!  This is in response to someone who sent me
a private hot, hot, very hot FLAME and I just feel this need to respond!
Would do so privately, but for some strange reason, all my messages are
returned!  Even the very first time I sent it only minutes after I recieved
it!  HUH?  So to those who read this, please do not think me too harsh!!
To BIG; if you let this one through, I promise to behave and keep my mouth
shut for at least a month-or maybe 2 weeks!!  To understand, you would need
to read her message to me!  Here goes: Her message to me was entitled: I do
get it!  My response:

No!  I don't think you do!  And I don't think you ever will!  The only
thing I can figure is that you don't have kids of your own and you have
replaced that emptiness with "pets"!  If I were ever put in a position to
choose between my daughter or one on my many "pets"- I would not even have
to think about it!  But then I guess that is something you will never know!
I wasn't even going to answer this as you were my one and only negative
response-I had 26 responses completely agreeing with me!  You sound like an
over-emotional 13 year old who has no "real life" experiences to draw from!
Grow up and live in the real world!  ALL life is precious, but comparing
any animal to any child is just plain ludicrous!  Your response will be
dismissed for what it is-an opinion from a childless person who has no real
evidence to base an opinion on!  I DO love my animals-probably as much, if
not MORE than you love yours, and I would do nothing short of kill to keep
them healthy and safe-but my daughter comes before anything!!  Animals are
sweet, wonderful creatures who add so much to our lives and I cannot
imagine a world without them!  But to compare an animal to a child is so
completely and totally stupid that I just can't understand this thinking!!
Is it all animals or just certain animals?  Your message indicated
"animals" so I am to assume that you mean all animals?  Like hamsters, and
goldfish?  Or just ferrets?  I'm sorry that I could not send this to you
personally, but this is the second time I have recieved a not-so-nice
message from you and I just could not let it go by!  The real world is not
perfect and everything is NOT cut and dry-even if you pretend it to be!!
Each situation is different!  You are so quick to flame, and gee, you do it
so well, but maybe a little "real world" counseling would get you off your
high horse and make you not so quick to judge!  Though somehow I doubt it!
People like you will NEVER get "it"!  I was under the impression this list
was designed to "help" ferrets and ferret owners and I feel that your
constant flaming is of help to no one!  And it makes the list so much less
fun!!  I would add to please excuse the tone of this message as I am having
a real bad day, but that sounds so incredibly stupid, I just can't use that
excuse!

Della and the slightly irritated Tumbleweeds or is it
slightly irritated Della and the Tumbleweeds?
Judy Cooke
Tyson and Einstein
AIM <imjudella2>
ICQ # 12094923