From:
Nathan Viles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jun 1995 15:19:23 -0500
I just got a brand new friend I would like to introduce to everyone.
Stuff (named after the Orlando Magic's mascot) is an 8 week sable female.
Damn they are so cute at this age...  and tiny!

My first question in regarding her diet.  I used to feed my boys, who were
middle aged ferrets, dry ferret food.  The breeder at Covent Farms has me
feeding Stuff canned Science Diet Growth formula.  She said I should mix
in  some vitamin supplement and either plain yogurt or goat milk.  So I use
ferretvite and goats milk with a little soften totally ferret she gave me,
and mix it with some science diet.  Well, my concern is... she has soft stools.
I know this is because of the soft food, and possibly the stress of a new home.
What do you think?  Should I be concerned?

Next, the breeder after hearing my wonderfull stories of the FML (side
note, kudos and thanks to BIG for running a great ML) she has asked me to
post about a problem a fellow breeder friend of hers encountered.  A
recent litter of about 4-5 pups all came out with inverted shoulders.  I
was told the breeeder has mated this pair several times without problems
and knows for a fact the two are not related.  Any comments would help,
the breeder is obviously upset and confused.

LAstly... about little.  I found Nature Fresh, which is a recycled paper
litter.  It still boasts high absorbancy, does anyone have any warnings about
it?

Thanks for all your help... I want to make sure I do everything right for
my little girl... she is sooooo cute!

Nathan, Heather (wife) and Stuff