From:
FerretMomJC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Dec 2007 10:03:19 -0800
Thank You Lisette - I was just in the right place at the right time as
I had been researching PetSmart Charities, looking for a grant that
could be used for the Michigan group if they were successful in getting
the ferrets out. I know many other people would have been on top of
this one right away too because $10K grants just have to be taken
advantage of!!

Hopefully what Lori and we as a ferret community have achieved will
send a message to PetSmart that we are worthy of their funds, were wise
in how it was used and competent in our large scale rescues so that
they will consider doing it again.....sometime down the road when we
know, unfortunately, that there will be another big rescue to be done.

LOL - There are several people who have made the comment about me
feeding soupies to ferrets back at that shelter in Illinois "back in
the day". That was my job - my specialty because I had the patience
for it and even today, I take my time in feeding soupies to my babies
here - it's bonding time, cuddle time and always done in the same
rocking chair I rocked my son in when he was a baby.......25 years ago!
Something about filling their little tummies with warm food, wiping
their little chins and giving kisses.......it's one of the joys of
being a shelter mom. It also makes soup time pretty long - but worth
it!!

Jerri