From:
Danielle Frye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Nov 2001 09:09:21 -0800
>To their credit, though, I WILL say that Tiffany looked nice (though she
>put on a bit of weight since her Playboy appearance, *ahem*), and they did
>bring up several issues which I thought were invaluable.  The mentioning
>of issues such as ferret nutrition and general health (activity levels,
>playtime, breeding issues, etc) and places such as Ferret Central were
>invaluable additions to the program.  I still would have the show be less
>"The Pet Shop with Tiffany's Ferrets" and more "The Pet Shop Focuses on
>Ferrets", if you know what I mean.

EXACTLY!  Boy was I glad to read that someone else shared this same
opinion, especially a guy!  My husband shared the same sentiments on the
"weight" issue but hey, she posed way back in 1998 and people change.
Glad to see she is not starving herself/anorexic for pictorials.  Also, TV
adds ten pounds.  Let's focus on something other than Tiffany.  As far as
covering all the above, that would be very difficult to do in the small
amount of time they had.  I was a little annoyed by all the commotion with
other animals in the background, specifically the macaw who kept pulling
his glasses off.  Just ferrets would have been better.  Maybe next time?
When my hubby watched the tape, he brought up some more issues that I
didn't post about.  Quite honestly, I don't want to voice any further
comments that would be construed as negative feedback, because I don't
want to get flamed by any of Marc's supporters.  I am taking the show for
what it was...TV.  Until I am a TV producer, with that experience, I will
keep the rest to myself.  We don't know what goes on behing the scenes
and putting this type of show together, can't be easy.

Sukie: I understand your offense at blond jokes and I am not even blond.
It is not right for people to stereotype and for some unknown reason,
people overlook it when it relates to hair color.  I don't.  Don't let
anyone tell you differently or beat you up for voicing that here.  You
responded to another poster's comments and your entire post had very
little to do with the blond references.  What makes this funny is that you
are being accused by Sandi of posting non-ferret related stuff (and told
to lighten up - how rude), when that is exactly what Sandi just did by
posting about it.  How hypocritical and petty!  We all have our sensitive
spots and if Sukie, who posts very valuable information on here related to
ferrets, occasionally voices something other than ferret-related stuff,
big whoop!  I'll take those times along with the great stuff she always
posts.  Looks to me like Sukie is being nit-picked for stupid reasons.  I
am sure that fat jokes or jokes about animal shelters would not fly on
this forum and that certain people would be outraged!  I don't think any
of it is necessary.  Ferret owners already face stereotypes.

Ouch!  I just fell off my soapbox.  LOL!