Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 1995 12:34:00 EDT
There is a resolution (9C FR112) in Congress to prohibit private individuals
from giving their own shots to animals.  If you are against this resolution,
you should write your Reps. and Senators.  I got this from another list, but
I have no reason to doubt its accuracy.  I'm not affected, but some of you
may be.  You may want to check on this out of self interest.

[Moderator's note: I don't think that's what the bill does at all.  The bill
would prohibit the sale of vaccines that have been repackaged - i.e. if the
manufacturer sells the vaccines in a package of 25 vials, a company like,
say, Omaha Vaccine, could not sell one or two to an individual.  The bill
was supposedly prompted by concerns that vaccines were being distributed
with unidentifyable lot numbers and without the manufacturer's precaution
statements, which are usually packaged one per box.  If the bill passes,
some manufacturers may sell single dose packages (some already do, but at a
premium, no doubt).  Ferrvac-D is sold in 10 dose boxes and will last a
year...  so this may not be *too* much of an issue anyhow.  BIG]

   ( )--(a)
   (@=@=) \     Till next time.......Rudy the ferlosopher
      \   \
      /\ * )  \