Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 1997 14:41:25 -0500
Well my name is Emily and my fiance, Shane, and I have 2 ferrets (MF)..
Although it didn't start that way.  Bandit was our first, we bought him from
a pet store (1-1-97) he is a light sable and was pretty much already full
grown.  His estimated age now is a year and a half.  I hated him!!  Yes I
did, I didn't even want ferrets just Shane did.  I tried talking Shane out
of getting one but no luck.  We came home with him (we were suppose to be
shopping for a jacket for me and came home with a ferret!).  Well Shane went
away two days later for a job so it was just Bandit and me!!  Well.... I
fell in love.  Shane came home a week later to Bandit and me on the floor, I
gave him a bunch of toys and was caught playing with him.  He was cute,
dooking and dancing beyond belief.  Well slowly he stopped dooking as much
and just became real mellow.  He had full run of the house and me to play
with so all I figured was he started to change, but he was much more kissy
and cuddly.  I decided maybe he needed a friend.  Here I was talking Shane
into another.  At this time I think I was on the FML for a month and I read
about people adopting ferrets.  So I posted and I was told of a shelter in
my area.  Come to find out there was a ferret picnic happening.  She said
that she could bring the dark sable girl at the time was 7 months or so and
I said great!!  I was so excited!!  Well she was so cute!!  She came home
with us.  Of course I brought one carrier and Bandit being an only kid was
tired and she was upsetting him seeing she wanted to play and him sleep.  So
Bandit slept in my arms the car ride home.  I had the spare cage set up
already.  I set her in there for the night and Bandit in his cage.  Well the
next day she just checked out the place and Bandit could've cared less.
Well she went into his cage and decided to go up to the hammock and go to
sleep!  Bandit just went up to go to bed and she wouldn't let him in.  She
hissed at him beyond believe.  He ended up sleeping on the towel at the
bottom of the cage but were fine through the night.  So I ended up getting
another hammock.  She wouldn't go in the new one only Bandits.  So Bandit
went into the new one and she just hissed some more that Bandit covered
himself up and just went to sleep.  Now they are best buds.  Tess though
will take your toe at any chance she gets, even Bandits.  Bandit will now
dook again.  Until recently Tess just started making a dook noise here and
there, normally during ferret bowling.  But she is a dancer.

Human side, my fiance and I plan to be married on September 12 of next year.
With this I will become a stepmom of a wonderful 5 year old Raven(will be 6
next year).  Her dad and me have been together since she was 2.  She lives
with her mom and the ferrets have her room to play when she is not there.
She has such neat toys.  Tess goes for the stuffed animals and leggos (into
bottom dresser draw) and Bandit takes care of dirty laundry (under her bed).

I would like to take few for some Thank yous......
I would like to take time to Thank my FML family for this past year.  BIG
you are doing a great job with this and without this I don't think I
would've got my Tess or had made it through my Bandit being sick, nor found
a vet that I love.  I got her name from someone on this list and I'm glad
that I did.  She's been there for me through everything with either of my
kids.  She is so good with them and she has been ready to give a helping
hand no matter how much of a pest I am.  Boy did I call her a whole lot when
Bandit was sick.  I would like to thank her , Thank you Karen..... See BIG
the wonderful things you do.  Keep up the good work.

Everyone please have a wonderful holiday season.  As always a great new year
as well.

Your family,
 Emily, Shane
   Bandit and Tess