From:
Chere Mccoy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 27 Feb 1992 10:01:17 -0500
All members - I am happy to announce that the Ferret Friends of Indian River
County will have their membership kick off at the Vero Mall in Vero Beach
Florida on May 16 & 17, 1991.  We have run in to one snagg - we must
get a certificate of insurance. I have tried State Farm and USAA thus far
and neither carries insurance policies for ferret clubs - can anyone out
there help our little group?  We plan on have a ferret costume contest,
contest for longest tails, and contest for pinkest and darkest nose's.
Please understand this is our first ever try at this type of thing so any
and all suggestions will be welcome.  We will have an animal Control
officer who will give a talk on Saturday and Sunday, and we are currently
trying to get a volunteer from the Human Society (who owns 6 ferrets) to
come and talk at our booth.  Any suggestions on how to go about advertising
or running our event will be deeply (as I said before) appreciated.  Thank
you to all Chere McCoy and Sweet Samantha (Founder and Co-Founder of
Ferret Friends of Indian River county (soon to be a chartered Chapter of
the American Ferret Association).