From:
Stan Siatkowski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Nov 1995 13:55:15 -0500
We've been trying to get an exact name for our ferrets' colors, but still
aren't quite *sure* based on the descriptions we read on the FML.  Is there
someone out there who has the '95 and '96 ferret calendars who can give us a
name:

Mookie looks very much like Sept.'95, or Mar.'96, except bigger and fatter.
He's about 4lb 10oz now.  Is he a "silver"?

Feb.'95 is pretty close to Psycho (left) and Cecil (right).  Would that be a
"blaze" and a "black-eyed white"?  We've been calling Psycho a "shetland"
because that's what it said on his paper.  That's a pretty good shot of
Cecil for Aug.'96.

Finally, Cocoa is like this month's November, without the turkey (we had our
Canadian Thanksgiving last month).  Actually, she's more like the '96
November, the one in the can.  Is that a "sable" or a "chocolate"?

Maybe someone who is an authority on this can send the FML a list of the
"types" shown in each month of the calendars so we know what we're referring
to when describing ouur little treasures.

As for lickers, Mookie will go on and on licking my face as long as I keep
scratching his butt.  No scratch, no lick.  Cecil will lick my arm but not
my face (no jokes), and Cocoa will give a lick or two, but it's clearly with
the attitude, "allright, but you gotta put me down right away if I do".  She
does enjoy licking my armpit, which I only allow when Terrie's in the room,
just to gross her out.  Psycho doesn't lick anything, at least on a human.
He does lick a few other interesting things...

Stan, Terrie & Jen, with Mookie, Psycho, Cecil & Cocoa in Toronto