From:
Tanya Colleen Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 1996 15:49:52 -0800
Hi.  Tanya and Canela here again.  The vet and I had lunch, because we got
sick of brainstorming over Canela's condition in the exam room.  Basically,
she's playing now, and will run around for a short time before coming and
crashing on me - preferably up under my hair where she can still see
everything.  But these are her remaining symptoms:

- skin is _extremely_ flakey and scabby, and very itchy
- she always smells strangely, even after a bath
- her cold is no better - still a lot of sneezing, dark nasal discharge,
  and some coughing
- and her ears are gross - with skin flaking off like crazy, you can
  imagine how those little things look

she's been off of antibiotics since 12\25.  tested negative for bacterial
and fungal skin infections, as well as internal parasites; we are treating
her orally with parasite rotor-rooter stuff, just in case though.  her
stool is pretty normal as is her water and food intake, though i've just
switched her to only Gerber's Turkey for a week (is this safe?) to see if
the skin thing is an allergic reaction to chicken (from Iams kitten,
Gerber's, and 8-1).

I'm sick of her being sick, she's sick of being in iso, and I'm running
out of ferret money (so much for that car I've been eyeing...better go
tune up my bike).

Any ideas on what may be going on?

Thanks guys, gals, and hairy beasties,

a more-than-ready-to-be-healthy family

(ps: California people write in to your senators!  If I can get my
anti-animal _parents_ to do it, what's your excuse?!?  :) )