From:
Ferretwise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Jul 2009 10:01:06 -0400
PICASSO MAKES THE PICNIC!

Well, We had a very busy day here at Ferret Wise yesterday! It was fun
being able to scamper around during the busyness -- even if we had a
cage break in the middle of things! HRRUMPH!

The folks collected outside for the cook out thing while Elric, Barn-y
Destiny & I were all out and about doing our run time thing.... then
older gal Gwennie decided she needed more run time... so she shook and
shook her cage door and whack- the door popped open.. by this time she
also woke up her buddy Aragorn and the two of them came out and
terrified us!

Thankfully shelter Dad came in to show off the young uns who were
dismally eyeing the rooms and found the mix up... he restored peace
and calm to us and we resumed out time out. What a surprise.

I hear that Picasso arrived with Bonnie & Scott Webster ( who stayed
and had cookout with the gang) then he went along to his new forever
home in Rochester with Uncle Greg. Alex the hoomin who is attached to
Caff-Pow another famous FML ferret, brought a "Dump Cake" which the
folks liked as much as we like ferretone! Elric was a bit disappointed
that no one offered him picnic goodies-- but he is slowly getting over
things!

Momma wants me to THANK the folks who have sent funds to the vet
account so we can stay healthy. It is a very good thing that you have
done for us beautiful children ( though I am by far the prettiest) -
and I will personally send you all a thank you note!

Well, JJ now has a roommate and he is surprisingly taking to the change
much better that had been anticipated. Once Picasso gets fattened up I
bet Uncle Greg won't know who is who - they look so much alike! Oh my!

Uncle Greg just posted about the new kid.

<http://ferretfunhouse.blogspot.com/2009/07/picasso-joins-funhouse.html>
Picasso joins the funhouse!

Last Sunday I drove out to Ferretwise for a cookout and to pick up a
new friend who has moved into the "fun house". His name is Picasso, he
comes from down in Massachusetts somewhere. His human couldn't care for
him because he liked to dig into the couch and was a rough player with
the other ferrets. So he moved in with me and my guys. He turns out to
be a very sweet little guy. He is still unsure of himself at the
moment, but is getting used to things.

He was either going to move in with Ozzie and Sasha or JJ, I was hoping
JJ would accept him, he's starting to get a little funny all alone. He
had a 3 hour drive up to where I got him and got to hang around in a
playpen while we humans socialized. He had fun it seemed. One of the
funniest moments came when one of the people, I for the life of me
cannot remember her name, was visiting him and she said, "He pooped and
it is firm and well formed!", everyone let out a cheer. Then we laughed
at ourselves. We are an odd bunch for sure. ( There were fears he had
ingested some of the couch he had liked to dig in, thus blocking things).

Anyhow, after all the cookout fun, I collected Picasso and we had a 2
hour drive home, he slept the whole way. Now the fun could begin, but
it turned out not to be as bad as I thought. I brought Picasso in and
stuck him out with JJ and JJ did NOT tear right into him as he usually
does with other ferrets. A few minutes of obligatory butt sniffing went
on and then they went about their business! I was ecstatic! It seems JJ
had a new room-mate. There was a tense moment or two in the playhouse
when JJ did a little authority asserting, but other than that things
went smoothly. Huzzah! The only other problem happened when I put them
away so Ozzie and Sasha could come out. JJ tore into Picasso for some
reason, so I grabbed Picasso out and put him down on the floor and had
a few words with JJ. When I put Picasso back in, JJ was sweet as pie, I
even caught him grooming Picasso. They share the hanging tent thing
piled on top of each other. So all is well. He hasn't acquired a taste
for my soup yet, which is fine with JJ, more for him!

So that is the latest fun from the fun house. With the new addition the
count is 5. Lil has her 8th birthday coming up in August, so we will be
celebrating a little. That is all for now.

More ferret funhouse blogs can be viewed at:
http://ferretfunhouse.blogspot.com/

Back to the new kids here from the animal shelter that no longer "does"
ferrets --- it has been just over a week now ... So far the young 'uns
are keeping us all in a tizzy, Destiny and I are wandering about with
belly aches and Mom is cleaning the cages more.. I sure wish the kids
would find a place like Picasso did to visit!

We are so offended to have to split our turf up here! Well I suppose it
is time to supervise them little jet propelled ferrets here.. sigh life
used to be so uncomplicated. At least they only eat dookers delights,
cheweasel's & foamy fries they have not discovered my n-bones! Some
things remain sacred!

Mom still calls the gal Hide-ee, as she tends to hide a lot.. and the
talkative boy is now called Chuckles or Charlie Chuckles... he is a
mellow happy cat and we all are afraid he will take our attention away.
Boo hoo.

Got to scamper about it is getting old here in the computer area.

Many thanks to all our special friends!
Blossom,
spokesferret www.ferretwise.org