From:
Sherri James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2001 13:42:11 -0500
Ok, I know the issue of insurance for ferrets has been tackled before but
I am still in the dark.  Does anyone out there have any info on any
insurance companies covering ferrets?  I know some of them cover dogs and
cats.....

Question No.2.....how does everyone go about cleaning their ferret's teeth?
I am currently trying a product called oralgel that you place on the back
molars and it supposedly cleans without brushing.  I'm also using T/D for
cats because it's made to help remove plaque.  I know a lot of people scale
the teeth but I've heard it can be tricky to do and may cause more problems
if not done correctly.  Having a vet do it can be quite costly, especially
if you have a bunch of ferrets.  So....has anyone been able to remove
plaque from teeth without scaling and if they do scale what is the
technique?

Sherri