From:
Aarrow-Ranch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2013 11:00:07 -0500
Jeep has a definite phobia about his kibble dish. He inspects every
dish every time he gets back into the cage of into the bedroom. Is like
someone is about to rip off his dish every time so he has to be sure
they are still there.

He will dig all the kibble out of his ‘J' feeder so I can't use that
but I do have a larger bowl dish on another floor he uses. I buy kibble
in those 35 pound bags but transfer most of it to a number of those 2
1/2 gallon kitty litter (empty) bottles and put those in the freezer.
That works so the kibble won't go stale or bad where that takes a very
long time for one ferret to chow down a whole 2 1/2 bottle load of
Kibble.

So I pour a small amount into a plastic coffee cup and then use that
to fill the kibble bowls. It makes no difference where Jeep is or what
he is doing, the instant any kibble hits the bottom of that transfer
cup Jeep is either right there at my feet or at the edge of his cage
watching my every move. Just one ‘Tick' of a single kibble and here
comes Jeep ! He could be inside his insulated covered hammy totally
asleep conked in the deepest kind of sleep but that first ‘tick' will
bring him awake and instantly to attention of kibble to come !

Not this is ferret language but I have yet to figure out what he is
trying to tell me. He for sure is not hungry or starved by any means
but for sure he had a definite decided interest in kibble flow. In
fact that is how I came to meet and have Jeep !!!! My last ferret had
crossed the bridge and I needed another. I went to several pet stores
but none had any ferrets. I chanced on a new store that had a fresh
shipment of fuzz butts. So I went there. I was standing at the checkout
counter talking to the clerk when she dropped a single kibble onto the
counter by error in filling the bowl for the new ferts. And instantly
there was Jeep standing in front of me stating that single piece of
luscious kibble! Jeep didn't grab that single piece, but left it for
me to chew on. Seems he was telling me to take that as his gift to me
but only if I would take him home and away from all this confusion of
being handed off from place to place, so I did. And here he is !!!! So
possibly his attention to the kibble sound hitting that cup is his way
of saying "Thanks for taking me out of all that mess !!!!".

So here we are. Just waiting for the monthly social security retirement
payments and taxes for me and Kibble for jeep !!!!!

_12-2Addy CEO