From:
Anne Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Aug 1998 09:15:06 EDT
>As far as I am aware the GLFA does not sanction shows (at least I have
>never heard of it).  They are a club in MI with lots of members.  They do
>have their own show standards & train their own judges.  Is that the case
>with LOS?  Or all they all sanctioned by LIFE?...

I heard back from a couple people who are directly involved with the GLFA.
Here are the pertinent parts:

"The GLFA is a member organization that puts on their own shows with their
own judges, independent of "sanctioning" organizations. <snip>  We like the
way we do our shows and the unique protocol we have established."

"GLFA is a membership organization, and we hold independent GLFA shows in
Michigan.  As of right now, we don't sanction shows outside of our own."

They also stated that they have offered their licensed judges to judge at
independant shows, but that they were not sanctioning these shows.

LOS and LIFE, as I previously stated, are not the same thing.  LOS shows are
LIFE sanctioned.  LIFE sanctioned shows are not always run by LOS clubs.
LIFE is not a club, simply an independant sanctioning organization.  A club
does NOT need to be an LOS affiliate to get LIFE sanctioning.  LIFE has
their own judging standards and judges.  Many are LOS members, but not all.
A few are also AFA licensed.  LIFE's primary goal is fair judging within a
structured set of guidelines.  Other objectives are well run shows which
follow certain standards for proper facilities and event planning, and a
caring and well run shelter system.

Hope this clears up some of the questions.

-Anne