Date:
Wed, 10 Jun 1998 11:02:47 -0400
When I was concerned that Meep might have a partial blockage the vet advised
me to give him Kitty Malt (hairball laxative that I have used) every 1/2
hour for 3-4 times.  That if that didn't produce anything in the stool it
was likely there wasn't a blockage OR that if there was a blockage it wasn't
going to pass.  Meep had dropped from 2.0 to 1.6 lbs, had been less active
than normal and his stools were varying in size (smaller) but otherwise
seemed normal.  The laxative didn't produce anything and we had him x-rayed
(which I was told many times won't show a blockage either) and that also was
negative.  We watched him closely for about a week but he has gone back to
being normal in every way again so I don't know what the problem was before.

I guess that's a long way of saying, try the laxative and see, but if you
don't see any results I would pursue having him checked for a partial
intestinal blockage.  That's a lot of weight for a little guy to lose.

Karla
Meep and Daisy