From:
Rachel Zuckerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 12:40:20 -0700
Hi everyone,

I've been really spotty on my reading of the FML lately, so apologies if
this has been brought up before.

I admit this is a shallower qusetion than many that are asked on this list,
but I would like to know an effective way of improving a ferret's coat.
Illura's has always been gorgeous and soft-- she's/I've gotten compliments
on it from the vet, the owner of the shelter where I adopted Lola, general
passers-by, etc.  Lola's, on the other hand, is pretty rough and scritchy.
Her markings are beautiful in my opinion (she looks like a little badger!),
it's that the quality of her fur itself isn't great.  She also seems kind
of itchy.  She's been that way since I've had her (a little over a month),
and was vet checked, so we know she doesn't have any real skin problems.
Now, she spent the first year of her life with owners who didn't even
bother to give her a name, so I'm assuming she can't have been fed very
good food (she was also skinny when I brought her home, but that changed
fast!).  Illura has been getting good food (8-in-1 select at first and then
ultimate) and ferretone since she was a little kit.  Is it just a question
of time, keeping Lola on a good diet and giving her ferretone?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

Rachel and the monsters

p.s. one more thing-- do whiskers grow back?  Both girls got into contact
with SOMETHING (and I am still turning the apartment upside down trying
to figure out WHAT) that caused the ends of their whiskers to get singed.
Neither were hurt at all, thank heavens, just toasted whiskers.  Keeping
an eye on them until i figure it out, and wondering if the whiskers will
grow back?

sorry so long!