From:
Rachel Zuckerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 10:57:46 -0700
Hi everyone,

been a little behind on the FML lately as my life has been insane, but
this merited a post.

Yesterday I was in Petco, buying litter, and of course stopped to play with
the baby ferrets.  There was one in particular who caught my eye, a really
light-colored pretty little ball of fluff, and i picked her up for a closer
look.  Her rectum was partially pushed out.  It didn't look horrible, but
definitely uncomfortable.  I called an employee over and said "it looks
like one of your ferrets has a prolapsed rectum." She came over, grabbed
the little one BY THE HEAD to pick her up, and looked.  "Oh, that's
probably just because she's so young." I'm not very knowledgeable on this
subject, that's why I'm writing, but last I was aware prolapsed rectum
wasn't caused by youth.  Could someone tell me what causes this condition
and how serious it is?  I haven't been able to get that little girl out of
my mind.

Thanks,
Rachel and the monsters