From:
"Gerhard, Guy (PWks)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Jan 2002 09:14:00 -0600
Hi Natasha,

I can relate to your problem with living across town from the vet.  I live
in the shadows of Mutual of Omaha, so I live almost as far away from Dr.
Curry as you do!

However, Dr. Curry is the best; we're lucky to have somebody as
knowledgeable as she in Omaha.  There are two other doctors at the same
clinic that are also good with ferrets.  Jennifer Osterholm is younger and
learning more all the time.  She's great if you can't see Dr. Curry.  Barb
Teter is also good.  Even though the clinic isn't 24 hours they do have an
after-hours emergency number and a doctor on-call every night.  They've
been great every time I've paged them with one problem or another.

I can think of only one other vet in town I would recommend.
Unfortunately, it's not any closer to home for you.  Dr. Mike Hord is at
the Candlewood Clinic, 120th & Blondo Street.  I haven't been to him in
years, so I don't know how that clinic is for emergencies.

Best of luck to you and yours.

Guy E. Gerhard
Louise, Rusty, Ozzy and Toby (the ferrets)
Lady Penelope and Napoleon (the miniature pinschers)
and Absent Friends (Felix, Thelma, Candy, Chester and Fargo)