Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 01:06:04 -0500
I guess I am very fortunate to have an excellent vet who will come to the
phone when you call if he isn't in surgery.  He runs his own clinic and is
very busy but has always either taken the call or returned it when more
convenient.  We also converse via email.  Last Sunday I had to have him
paged and he responded in less than ten minutes and met me at the clinic
to give Chance some painkiller who was having problems after surgery.
I had to go in again a couple of days later for some carafate and an
examination.  My charges for the emergency visit and followup visit were
for only drugs administered and blood tests.  He charged me zero for
the visits.  I guess he figured I had paid enough for the surgery and
considered the followup care as part of it.  But I doubt there are too
many vets who would come in on their only day off and not charge for it.
So, there are some compassionate vets out there and I would hope the ones
that don't return phone calls are in the minority.

Moxie and Chance