From:
Michael Schieman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Nov 1996 00:34:49 EST
Greetings and Osculations!

I stand corrected. Seems that 'fert' has been around since before I became and
Old Fert. Had a feeling that such a fun and obvious slangnization of 'ferret'
would have predated my  FML ramblings. Perhaps I was responsible for bringing
the term back from a period of dissusetification? Who knows?

Anyway, many much thanks for the letters setting me straight about the matter -
even though some of you still believe that I originated the word.  At least I
can now reefer <G>  anyone who is offended by it to FML #33. Thanks, BIG.

Whoops! Better put in a disclaimer. My dyslexic brain couldn't remember the
correct spelling of 'refer' so I used 'reefer' instead. You should know  by now
how I like to play around with words. I did try pot back in the Sixties but did
not inhale. Yeah, right!  Anyone who believes that  line is a prime candidate
for some prime swamp-front property I just happen to have for sale.

Now for the stuff: (Fuuny. I didn't buy any Pepsi and I still got stuff!)  It
seems that Odie has decided that he's an alarm clock. For several months now,
he's been waking me up promptly at 8AM by either snuffling or sneezing in my
ear. I really thought that he was clever and helpful by doing me such a service.
Now the time has changed. Guess what? Now he's waking me up at 7AM! What's even
worse is that Tater has now joined in the effort. Can you imagine the shock of
being awakened by stereophonic ferret sneezes an hour before you are prepared to
be human? It ain't no fun!

So, does anyone out there know how to reset a ferret alarm clock for standard
time? I sure could use some help on this. I've pressed their noses,  mashed
their MF tattoos - even tried to wind their tails in a counterclockwise
direction. Nothing works!  Please help. Losing a major amount of skeep here.
Please advise.

Many much loves,

Paw Paw

http://members.gnn.com/emssandy/index.htm (Coming soon...some really neat