Date:
Fri, 21 Sep 2012 08:08:06 -0400
>From:   Jeff <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject:  Blockages
>
>...Since ferrets, unlike cats, can't cough up a hairball...

Sorry, Jeff, I have to disagree. As former newsletter editor for three
years of my local ferret club, I used to write/edit (from postings like
yours) that hairballs cannot be coughed up. Years ago, I physically
watched one of my ferret's cough one up, and at a later date the same
ferret, pulled out a one inch hair "ball" (elongated) sticking out of
her sable butt. Yes, she was given Laxatone regularly with all her
other buddies, obviously not enough. With over seventeen years under
my belt with ferrets, I've only had this happen with Chipper.

Anyone: What is the recommended dosage, as I have two here that start
diarrhea if given one inch 'ribbon' more than three times a week?

Shari