From:
Flemming Farms <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Nov 2000 23:11:39 +0800
>I have five active full-blooded male New Zealand kits available for
>adoption.  Their sister has already been spoken for.  They are out of DAF
>Dakota of Chaotic (a beautiful black sable) and Chaotic's Moonshine of The
>Clay Ferret.

Actually - I think you are mistaken on the bloodlines.  The ferret (hob)
DAF Maori Moonshine of TCF is owned by Danee Devore of The Clay Ferret and
was bred by myself.  I know that Sam Young sent Meg (Chaotic) a jill kit
(just a year old now I believe) that was named Dakota.  Could this be the
jill you are talking about?  And how did you end up with these kits?  You
bred them and don't know who their parents are?

>Both parents have been tested and are AD-negative.

I had the impression from the posts from Danee on the ADV list that
Moonshine was borderline.  That he had the antibodies, but in low
quantities.  Which would explain him testing positive and then negative,
positive and then negative, positive and then negative, etc.  Keep in mind
that Moonshine's father is positive and deathly ill, his 1/2 siblings are
positive (both on his sire *and* dam's side) - and many of them have *just*
turned positive.  In February of 1999 they were negative.  Just how long
does this incubate before showing up on tests?

I also had the impression from the same list that Danee was not going to
breed Moonshine - or neuter him due to surgical problems that may arise
in ADV ferrets among other reasons - and that he wasn't even going to be
brought out in public.

I don't mean to start anything, but what exactly is going on?  Is it ok to
breed ADV exposed ferrets as long as they tested negative at that time?

Not to mention that Moonsong's father was diagnosed with ADRENAL which
*may* be genetic (and posted publicly).  But that is a whole different
story.

Amy Flemming
Flemming Farms
http://www.geocities.com/flemmingfarms