From:
"Scarlett A. Gray" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 15:53:38 EDT
Hi All,

Well, this is the third successful year for the Columbus ferret show - even
if under a NEW name - Ferret Buckeye Bash.  This year was even bigger and
better!  We had a great time and hope everyone else that attended did also.

I want to personnally thank everyone that came out and supported the show -
vendors, exhibitors, shelters and the general public alike.  You are the
backbone of the show and helped make this show a success!

I'd like to publicly thank some of the people behind the scenes that
without their help - well what can ya say....

Kay Amrine worked night and day getting an absolutly AWESOME raffle
together.  I'm quite sure there were many that went home with some very
nice items.  Kay also was in charge of specialty judges and stewards.  She
had fantastic support from her husband Mike and son Westley.  She did such
a great job that we've promoted her from show co-coordinator this year to
show COORDINATOR for next year.  It will be mine turn to sit back a little
and watch the girl in action.  FANTASTIC JOB KAY!

Ross Petitto, our announcer, was on the ball nagging everyone to bring up
their ferrets and keeping the overhead going for those to see the #'s being
called.  He was getting a little punchie towards the end and I was worried
he was going to start rapping with the microphone but he controlled it.
GREAT GOING ROSS!

Thanks to Janice Glenn for the show registration.  This a thankless job and
despite this being her first time doing registration and the computer
problems she experienced, we survived it.

Bunny Kaldor and Mike Morrett for their getting the news out about the
show.  Channel 10 was there!  And Bunny for the great Ferret Buckeye Bash
t-shirts.  Thanks to Pam Hostetler for Vet Check, setting up the talk from
Dr. Dan Beer on adrenal gland disease.  His talk was very informative
and done in layman terms that made so much easier for us ferret people
to understand.  And of course THANKS for talking Bob Church into coming
to the show.  For those of you that didn't get to hear Bob talk - ya
missed a master at work!  Thanks Bob for taking time out of your busy
schedule to come talk FERRET with us and to share your expertise.  Such a
hardship. :>)

Thanks to Kathy Gallagher and her SO Dan for manning the Club table so
diligently.  Julie Coddingham for her help at the Path Valley table.  Tim
and Christy Misiazek for their running of the fun events & website work.
Oh, and little Sara for her patience with Mommy and Daddy at the show.

Thanks to Deanna Hoffman and her off spring Christina and Eric.  Deanna
is the one that made the darling handicap tags and SND magnets, decals &
t-shirts.

Much thanks to Alan Jones, Deb Clark, Jen Stires, Kristin Blood, Chris
Ball, Pam Grant, Terri Drefer, Janice's mother, Kay's parents and the many
others I know I have forgotten - please forgive me.

Oh, thanks to AFA for sanctioning us.  PetCo for being our title sponsor
and Path Valley, Marshall Pet Products, Kit & Caboodle for our championship
rings and the many others that sponsored our specialty rings.

Most of all I would like to publicly thank my fiance, Jim Saling (for those
that were at the show - he was the red headed leprechaun that was seen
running after me during the show :>) and he looks great in a kilt!)  He
puts up with calls night and day, me working late nights on the computer,
hours in the ferretry,kits in the bedroom and much more.  And heck, he
still wants to get married this Sept.  16th!  Can't say he has not been
warned!

Well, this has to be the longest post I have ever done and I know a lot of
people will be skipping it so I'll cut it off now.  But I felt a public
thanks to everyone for all they have done was the least I could do.  If I
missed someone - please forgive me - it's the ferret fumes!

Scarlett Gray, Show Coordinator
Ferret Buckeye Bash 2001
President, Heart of Ohio Ferret Assoc. & Rescue