From:
Kim Rushing <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Oct 2001 12:54:17 -0400
Hi,

How do I start?  Well, lets just say that ferretguy's post came across to
me as being very selfish & inconsiderate.  That's not against the law...
but it sure doesn't do much to make me want to help, or think very highly
of you.

Ferretguy says:
>I have to look in the mirror and see a rescue and shelter that has
>rescued thousands of ferrets over the years that hasn't rec'd even one
>donation since 9-11-01

Awww.  Somehow when I think of wives without husbands, children without
parents and untold grief of thousands, I don't have that much pity for
you.  And yes, I used to run a shelter myself, so I know what it is like.
I did so because I could afford to do so on my own.  Self supporting.
Yes, I did get donations, and I appreciated every last one of them, but
the main contributor to MY shelter was ME.  I worked a regular job, as
well as sold things on Ebay to help make ends meet.  You do what you have
to in order to finish what you started.

Close to 7,000 people are dead.  How many tens of thousands of family
members and friends of these people are mourning, some now coping with the
fact that they have no financial means as the bread winner of the family
is now dead?  You are alive Ferretguy.  Be thankful.  Don't chastise us
for not giving you money to do something YOU choose to do.

I'm sorry if this seems harsh, but I simply am in awe at the selfishness
of your post.  Shame on you.

Kim Rushing
www.pooflinger.com