From:
Public Relations <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Oct 2000 13:32:22 -0400
As for sheters making a profit?--
I won't beat a dead horse ( er ferret) but as most who shelter can relate :

As a specialized - critical care shelter  facility we see lots like him -
mistreated and discarded.

Our recently departed "McKenzie" for food, litter, ferretone alone ran
$4,976.00 in his last 2 plus years starting 4-97.  This does not count
the extremely high veterinary bills for gastric ulcers, hairball removal
surgery, heart medication, insulinoma medication, vet check ups,
transportation and so on.

Our dear hospice MOM did generously donate surgery and medication for
McKenzie in his last 2 years here on earth.  WE THANK her for that care she
could provide!  Did we as a shelter ever begrudge him care?  Did we profit
off him?  Definitely not.

Heck -- McKenzie deserved his care after the hell he went through from
several uncaring humans.  Will the shelter ever recover the expense-
definitely NOT!  Will will help others like him?

IN A HEARTBEAT - there are more waiting in the wings as I type. -- and
especially with shelter friends like those who we have found here on the
FML!  Bless you all for all the McKenzie's we will meet!

Alicia
at Ferret Wise
www.ferretwise.org