From:
Leslie Cucino <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 2004 19:50:50 -0500
Hi all,

This morning I ran the medical alert about DIM, (Mystery Disease) down
to OSVS.  The vet today, (Dr. Silvi) had never heard of it, but was
extremely, (I can't emphasis that enough) receptive.  She had just
examined Whitey so my first question was 'are his lymph nodes enlarged'.
She said they weren't, but as I said, she was very receptive and
interested in what I told her about DIM and also Dr. Williams.  She
called me later to say that after I left she rechecked him and his lymph
nodes are all completely normal.  They had completed an ultra sound of
his belly with the following results:

- a slightly enlarged spleen
- left andrenal gland slightly enlarged
- left side of small intestine slightly enlarged and inflamed.

They are treating it as a gastric disease at this point.  He is on two
antibiotics and she is adding a third.  He's on Kaopectate and being fed
Hills diet.  They were going to do a fecal bacterial something or other
to try and isolate which bacteria has made him so ill.  She said even
with all good intentions/treatments he might not make it, but they'll
test his WBC again tomorrow to see if he's responding to the meds.

Keeping my fingers crossed & praying!

Leslie