Date:
Wed, 7 Sep 2011 15:31:55 -0600
I noticed this on the front page of Triple F Farm's website:
http://www.tripleffarms.com/

*"Triple F Farms is committed to providing our customers with healthy
ferrets and abusing, mishandling or in any way neglecting our animals
would do nothing to help us meet that mission. Our goal is always to
provide our animals with the safest and cleanest environment possible,
in additional to proper nutrition and preventative medicine. Any claims
to the contrary are patently untrue. We have been the proud breeder of
healthy ferrets for 26 years and hope to continue to provide healthy
animals to our customers for many more years to come."

So, do we believe this or our own eyes? I've not been a big fan of
PETA, simply because they've consistently made animal lovers look like
loons. I also know that a video can be taken out of context as well as
any picture, and that if anyone were to do that to "further" their
cause, it would be PETA.

I guess we can only wait and see what any investigation brings about.
I am slightly comforted in knowing that Triple F will at least clean
up their act (for however long) for this investigation. We can only
pray that this is not as bad as it looks. Triple F's statement makes
sense, if they truly have the ethics they say they do. No ferret farm
would want this reputation. I can't see the owner knowingly letting
this happen, especially knowing how bad this would affect his bottom
line. I am hoping this is the fault of some underling manager who will
get tossed out on his ear. But ultimately, the owner is responsible.
If I owned a ferret farm, I would make it a point to walk through it
every day to make sure my farm is running properly (and play with the
ferrets :).

Since it is unlikely that this ferret farm will be shut down, even if
found guilty of these charges, what we should hope for is a drastic
improvement from Triple F, knowing the whole ferret world is watching
them.

This whole thing has been very upsetting. I can't imagine what it's
been like for the ferrets.

Anxiously waiting for the results of the investigation...

Roary
Rio Rancho, NM