From:
Marilyn Ledoux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jun 2006 07:25:17 -0400
Animal survey

I always had a dog or cat when I was at home, but it was not until I
married my first husband and we bought an old farm house with a barn,
that I could have all the animals I wanted.  As a child, I always
brought home all the strays, now I had a place to keep them.

I have always loved animals, so within the first year, we had a family
farm, cows, chickens, goats, (always had someone milking) cats, barn and
house, rabbits, dogs, birds, and finally ferrets.  We even had a skunk
that came into my cellar and wintered over.  When he died, I had to go to
work, and most of the larger animals had to go.  When he was dying, he
asked his best friend to help me keep the place going.  This man stepped
up to the plate, and he helped me raise my children, but that is as far
as we will go.  He was the one that taught me to trust no one.

You are right, animals are better than most people, you can bond with
them, they love you forever, and I have always had a good relationship
them.  They are what they are, they do not lie, cheat, or steal (except
your heart) from you.  My dogs would fight to the death for me.

After living through some things people have done to me when I thought
they loved me, I tell everyone, you need four feet and a tail to make it
in my house.  No exceptions.

Right now, I have three dogs, 20 cats, two birds, fish, three chickens,
two hens and a rooster, and four hospice ferrets.  We all live happily
together.  Yep, we have hairs in the butter, hairs on the furniture, and
fiber is not a problem here, just inhale.  Our immune systems are top
notch, drank raw milk for years and had no problems.  You should have
seen the doctor when he found out the children drank raw milk.  He had
a fit.  He shouldn't have worried, they felt better than he did.

I hate to hear of people being cruel to animals, because it usually
carries over to humans.  II am reminded about the sign in the hotel,
stating your dog can come in, you must stay out.  He will not steal
the towels, have wild parties, break up the furniture, or bother the
guests in the next room.  HAHAHA.  I've learned the hard way, and I'm
not sorry with my choice.

Marilyn