From:
Elena Heckathorne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 2001 15:18:28 -0800
I've been reading the postings about US ferret diets, mainly consisting
of kibble, and their relationship to diseases, especially adrenal and
insulinoma, both of which my precious Pattertwig has suffered.  I thought
i'd throw in my vet's opinion, which is that adrenal disease may be related
to some US breeders' policy of neutering baby kits at 5-6 weeks of age,
which he says is far, far too early.

Has anyone else heard this?  Dr. Williams, are you aware of any veterinary
studies that explore this question?

thanks!!

Elena, Pattertwig, and Pixie-Pie