From:
Power & Motoryacht <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 11:54:19 -0500
I just read Sherry's story about her first ferrets in Orlando.  I'm in
Pompano Beach, FL.

In 1992 I too bought my first ferret from a pet store, Pet supermarket.  I
stupidly just saw him (Stanley), thought about it, and went back to get him
within a couple of days.  Actually, my 13 yr. old daughter saw him and we
bought him.

I fed Stanley Kitchen Chow.  I bought what was available for bedding.
Stanley had a good cage, not great, with cedar bedding.  Who knew?  No
books, little info from staff.  I loved him a lot and gave him the best
life he could have and I didn't have a computer either.  I didn't know
about local shelters, etc.  He lived to be 5 1/2 and died from cancer.

I admit I purchased blindly but I love animals so much I figured I could
give him a good home no matter what it took.  I wish I had known then....
Yes, he might have lived longer but he did get to benefit from new found
knowledge the last 3 yrs. of his life.

I have grown to be owned by 9 ferrets now.  NOW all my darlings have the
benefit of our club/shelter, internet, fml, etc.

All I can say is, it took what it took to get here.

Thanks for letting me add to the first ferret stories.
dona
Ollie (I'm #2 and I love raisins)
Zoe  (I don't like too many treats)
Caesar (bark, bark:  Daddy slow down so I can catch you)
Roxie (Mom, I love to lick and bite your soft spots)
Luke (where did you put the trash can, I'm sleepy)
Zeke (The Biter-Mom, how can I sleep when you using the pot I sleep in?)
Sadie (The Escape Artist)
Panda (turn on the shower)
Moe (where's Zeke, I want to play)
In memory of Stanley and Russia