From:
lisette lumsden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Mar 1999 23:35:32 -0500
I was warming the car up this morning when my Vet called, and cancelled
surgery for Tiger and Wolf--death in family.  So I looked through FML in
the morning.  I read a poem about ferrets in the shelter that struck me so
hard, I could not see anything but a blur of words.  I felt such pain, and
soooo sad.  I wanted to print the poem, but instead I lost the whole FML.
Who sent that?

Every person giving up a ferret should be made to read that aloud, unless
they have viable reasons{cancer, child allergic , member of family
abusive,etc.  } I dont know how anyone can have a shelter.  I would feel so
much anger at so many people.  Living life on lifes terms: in a world of
pain .  It is not easy for me.  Every day is a concious effort to balance
my life--while knowing that millions of helpless animals have no control,
or freedom, or dignity.  They havent got a snow balls chance in ----------.

My babies are now all fast asleep.  I have to find them, and get them to
bed.I find one, Pick him up and just sit there for maybe 5 minutes staring
at this tiny thing.  It is one of my favorite things to do - observing
absorbing holding my sleeping baby.  I wish that I could take in all the
poor babies in shelters.  But I know that I cannot take anymore than I
have.  I wish to God I could.  Who sent that chilling reality check?  I
had mascara running down my face like Tammy Baker.

You ruined my make up.

Lisette