From:
Debra Thomason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Sep 1999 13:54:38 -0500
We've used these for years to keep ferrets out of cabinets and were very
distressed when they became hard to find.  The reason they disappeared for
a while and are now showing back up is that Rev-A-Shelf, which marketed the
product under the name Rev-A-Lok or Tot-Lok sold the product line to Safety
1st, a company that makes lots of child safety products.  The packaging has
changed up a bit, but it's the same lock.  Try using Hotbot to search for
"tot lock" or "tot lok" and you can find online retailers if you can't find
the product locally, but they are more expensive this way.  I believe this
site was the least expensive online source I found when searching a couple
of months ago: http://www.babyblockers.com/catalog/latch.htm#2005

I have not seen them reappear in Wal-Mart or Home Depot in my area
(Dallas/Fort Worth) where they used to be sold, but they are available at
the Toys R Us chains here as well.

Debra