From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 17:17:59 EST
This maybe difficult to believe.... but I have never seen a ferret
hairball.  I know they usually pass them in their poopies if they get
them.  But mine thew it up.  And I must say, I was a bit freaked out to
think something so large was in my babies tract.  I guess it was in the
esophogus (it was all solid almost and elongated)?

I have a question... not one of my current babies is over 18 months old.
And I gave laxitone regular until this fall.  This fall after shed season,
I stoped.  I then began again this month.  I thought they only needed
laxitone really for shed seasons.  And how was my baby able to eat?  all
my babies got fat.  all but one, who has never gained weight and thrived
as well as the others.  But he is not even a year old!  Besides he is
chocolate... this hair seemed to have a lot of white.  Do one year old
babies get hair balls that big?  Why have I never seen one?  Do I need to
be giving laxitone every week or more?  How much laxitone?  and how much
during shed seasons.  Cause now I"m questioning how I have taken care of
my babies.  Was that more than one question?  Not in Wolfyland.

Wolfy
Please visit:
http://www.geocities.com/wolfysluv/
for information on ferret deafness: