From:
Margaret Szelmeczka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 May 1999 20:17:09 -0500
Below is the reference to what the shot is.  Yes, vet's can do the spay
while they are in heet.  It is a bit more risky.  If they are underweight,
please do not even consider the hob alternative as it could kill them.

See below for the hormone shot

From my file on Jills --- heet and the shot

Margie: Sorry for the delay in responding, but we've had problems with
getting onto the Internet all weekend.  For future reference for you and
your vet, the hormone shot is HCG (Human Chorionic Gonadtrophin).  Not
100% sure on the spelling, and not even a guess at the dose, but feel free
to contact our vet Dr. Lux at 314-638-5756 for more info.

Sara