From:
Jessica Alsop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2006 14:30:30 -0700
I was somewhat affaid of this when I addopted her, but here is her story:

Little Zaydee was addopted by a young girl when she was about 2 years
old.  She was loved and cared for and had a cage mate she loved.  A few
months ago her cage mate went on to Rainbow Bridge to wait for her.  I
do not know what caused him to pass.  The young girl had to move and she
had too many pets I think she said something around 9 cats, 2 dogs, a
bird and little Zaydee.  She decided to put Zaydee up for addoption an
had found homes for many of her cats too.  Zaydee has only eated cat food
most of her life and has not been given ferret lax or laxatone in her
lifetime.  I would never have guessed that she was 5 years old when I
adopted her in March.  She has done well until I had to move because hard
times had fallen upon me.  Zaydee has lived in 3 homes now and I would
hate to ever see her have to live in another home.  She lost a lot of fur
on her stomach, this caused some concern but when she started throwing up
I was even more worried and got her into the vet the next day.

She has a very large hairball in her stomach.  We tried to help her pass
it with ferret lax and a prescription the dr.  gave her.  The good news
is she is not throwing up any more and she is pooping normal now.  The
problem is that she is feeling worse.  I can see pain and discomfort in
her eyes.  The little wildfire I brought home is tired out.

I contacted the vet today and well she is going to need surgery.  A
surgery that will cost about $300.00.  My income has decreased and I am
not able to come up with it very quickly on my own.  I am asking that
if anyone knows a place that can help me come up with the money she will
need for surgery or possible help yourselves she and I would greatly
appriciate it.  So far I have $40.00 set aside for her.

If you know anyone who can help please contact me and let me know.

I have already contacted the most local place called Furetti and at this
time their funds are short for the needy ferrets.

If you can help I will sew a hammock for you and send it to you in my
thanks.  I dont have a sewing machine so all of the hammocks or sleep
sacks or pocket pillow I make are all hand stitched.

Thank you all in advance even if all you can do is send a prayer or a
healing thought her way.

Jessy, Snitch the cat chaser, Bandit the bag stealer,
Zaydee my wildfire, and big Bear and Jack