From:
TONI L JAMES <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 1997 02:36:31 -0600
In case ya'll don't remember, this is about Beige who was taken to the vet
Tuesday, Dec.  2, 1997 and the vet did x-rays to see what the large lump on
his side was.  The vet concluded that Beige has a very enlarged spleen
(looks like he swallowed a lemon), and we are now awaiting blood work.

My question is, tonight when I got Beige from his sleeping place (I was
putting the ferret up for the night), I noticed that instead of the lump
being on the left side of him, it is now on the right.  Can anyone explain
this to me?  The x-rays show that his spleen is enlarged from one side to
the other, but why did the lump change sides?

Confused and worried
Toni

PS Please keep sending in all the information, stories and words of
encouragement, it helps a lot.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart to
those who have already emailed me about their personal experience with
enlarged spleens, it has helped a great deal, though I know it can't be easy
to share such stories.  It is helping my mom and me a lot.