From:
Isabelle Doiron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 15:13:06 -0500
My Oscar shakes a lot.  When she shakes, is she just getting up from a nap
or was she resting for any amount of time?

When Oscar wakes up he shakes so bad that you'd think that it was 40 below
in my house.  I asked the vet and he said that sometimes when a ferret
sleeps or rests for long periods of time their body temperature will go
down.  When they wake up the body temperature has to rise, so shivering.
We humans do it when we're cold and that's the body's natural way of trying
to raise body temperature.

If you are really concerned though take her to a vet and have a check up
done.

Isabelle Doiron